DragonFly

DragonFly
Spring is Here!!!

MOO

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Lumpy

You know what the problem with being creative is?  It takes massive amounts and chunks of time out of your day!  It is a solitary endeavor also.  Now honestly, I am not a very solitary person....ask anyone who knows me and they will tell you....I can and will talk your head off!  Ask my wife and her response will resonate with frustration at my apparent lack of concern about her problems and opinions( at times if I may add), but truly I live to solve her problems and love it when she opens up to me (which is not enough), but then I go into advice or problem solving mode and take over the conversation!  I'm working on that......remember that last post....progress not perfection?

Take this blog.....I only write when I am waiting in front of the kid's schools or late at night after everyone is asleep.  My office is in the middle of our living room (wouldn't those pics be great)!  The evenings are not very quiet around the house as you can imagine, or maybe sympatize?  My previous office was re-purposed into her crap....I mean craft...sorry about the typo....can't delete.....spell check non-functional....haha!  Actually she is a creative also with scrap booking and competitive bargain shopping (an adrenaline junky when it comes to the latter)....

So the solitary issue....I survive on about 4 hrs of sleep per night because I create better at night....is that odd?  I know many of the famous artists were night owls, addicts, alcoholics, lunatics, and oddballs.  I made it past the alcohol but I never fancied myself as an oddball......perhaps it is time for some self reflection and assessment!  I have been working a lot lately with the more artistic side of Photoshop, and I am finding myself getting more immersed than  ever in the creative possibilities of this medium.  It is endless I tell you!

And I know, I know, I sound like a kid who just got a new horn for his bicycle, you know that kid who drives you crazy speeding past your house honking that horn while you are inside trying to get in some quiet creative time....makes you want to rip off that horn throw it to the ground and stomp on it.....but then everyone would see you and compare you to Lumpy......from "Leave it to Beaver"........

Sooooo.......check out some of my work @http://jkirkwood.smug mug.com and let me know what you think!  And if you like what you see, most all are available for wall adornment.  If you like my style, just remember, I work for pennies at this time compared to my contemporaries, so you better hire me QUICK.......before I BLOW UP!   Or starve to death and abandon the whole idea!  HAHA!

This has been a public service announcement, in case of an emergency, it will be followed by.......well actually it wouldn't be here......

Thanks for your time!

j.rizzo

No comments:

Post a Comment