DragonFly

DragonFly
Spring is Here!!!

MOO

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Cruizin'

So i am outside in this beautiful weather, sun shining, breeze blowing, sweet temperature, nice day!  Sun warming my toes in my Quicksilver flip flops, I turn off the hose and start to clean up my spinner rims, armor-all the tires and spray down my interior with Tropical Heaven scent.  I got the wheels aligned yesterday, the tires balanced, new tires (hence the reason for the tire detailing to remove the dealership marks).  Yeah, I guess I have a pretty sweet Apple Cart!

So I am cruising along today, seat leaned back, bass pumpin, enjoying the ride of my new apple cart.  Out of the blue, a pothole jumps in front of my cart!  I hit it head-on.  It's not one of those bone jarring potholes but enough of a bump to jar the apples.  I steady my ride, Jay-Z pumpin in the back and creise on.  I'm livin right, I know because God has really blessed me lately!  Just around the next block BAM!  I lost focus......ran up on the curb.....and lost a wheel off my apple cart.  Brand new polished, armor-alled wheel goes flying by me as my apple cart comes to a crashing hault!  All my apples are scattered all over the pavement!  I just picked a fresh batch too!  This bites!

I start gathering the apples, determined not to lose them all.  The best part of living in a smaller town, as apposed to the larger metro Dallas, is that no matter how far you cruise in the apple cart you are not far from home!  So I start limping home with what is left of my apples.  I've been down this trail before, many times, so it is a familiar walk back to the house.  When I get to the house, I walk in and start, as I have a thousand times before to cook.  I get out the ever familiar apple pulping machine.  I get out the apple peeler from under the counter and start skinning what's left of my crop.  I then core them, wash them and put them in the pot to boil.  I cook them just so, and pulp them into apple sauce.  I add a pinch of sugar and cinnamon to each bowl and serve them up to my family.

I'm pretty full.  My apple sauce is awesome!  I start thinking about that sweet apple cart I left on the curb in town.  I wonder if anyone can trace it back to me?  I really don't want to have to fix it up again.  Apple season is coming to an end soon so what's the use?  I think i'll just leave that apple cart where it lies.  Maybe somebody else will want it.  Maybe not........Maybe all those apples God blessed me with were to share?  Or maybe he just loves Apple Sauce......

No comments:

Post a Comment