DragonFly

DragonFly
Spring is Here!!!

MOO

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Whew!?

WOW!!  Well it seems the Running of the Eggs 2011 has come to a close.....I mean the Easter Eggstravaganza.....I mean the train the kids to celebrate another pagan replacement holiday for another biblical celebration!  Sorry I tend to rant when I feel strongly about something...it's my nature...so here goes....


Stop and Think

I wonder if while Jesus was sitting in that tomb on the second day, if he was thinking.....I sure hope Little Billy cleans up on that egg hunt at my house.  Forgive them Father for they know not what they do? 

Now don't get me wrong, I have kids, they all have loved over the years hunting for eggs at Easter....especially since each has grandparents who insist on "hiding eggs"  even though two of my three kids are now over the age of 13.  And yes I do remember hunting eggs at Easter as a kid,  Heck I was the kid who threw a fit because I didn't have a new suit to wear to Church like all the other kids.....little did I know that I was lucky to have a bologna sandwich to eat at the time.....but my parents never let me know we were poor.

I wonder if while Jesus was hanging on the cross on the day he was crucified, he was thinking, I sure hope in 2011 they have a wonderful "Earth Day"  instead of thinking of me.......Forgive them Father for they know not what they do?

Now don't get me wrong, I tend to be quite cynical, at times, about life.  My wife often scolds me about my sarcasm letting me know quite strongly that it is not a very Godly way of thinking but my goodness.......
I blew it today.  My one chance to share about our Family of Faith and I blew it.  I was shooting pics of the kids sweeping up eggs when this lady asked me how she could get copies of the pics because she didn't attend our church......I totally blew it.....I didn't share my faith with her.  I pawned her off by letting her know who to call at the church to get copies....I wonder how many people missed that chance also.

I am sorry for the rant but it is times of the year like this that I truly feel God's glory and I hate to see it missed or looked past by my brethren in faith due to pride or prejudice.
The main point of an "Easter Eggstravaganza" is OUTREACH after all isn't it?  Who cares if your children didn't carry away 15lbs of candy.  When you bought that candy and stuffed those eggs it was for OUTREACH......otherwise why not stay home, boil some vinegar, and color some real eggs right?  Many hard working folks showed up today and threw a great party which was intended to celebrate the glory of God and His sacrifice of His son.  A celebration of the resurrection of our Savior for the sake of a fallen mankind.....did we rise up and show the same love for OUTREACH that He has shown us?.......I would like to hope so....

No comments:

Post a Comment