DragonFly

DragonFly
Spring is Here!!!

MOO

Monday, April 11, 2011

WOW!!!

Blessed....Amazed....Grateful....
This past month has been a whirlwind.  God has blessed my family beyond measure to say the least!  This business is finally taking off....in God's time not mine.  I've learned the hard way over these years, the only thing I can control in life is the height of the grass in my yard!  That too can go south though if the mower breaks!  I am amazed that I am about to be the father of a senior in high school!  Come on now....my motto has always been "I don't wanna grow up, I'm a ToysRUs kid....now my own kid will leave for college in a year!  She's a keeper though!  All of our kids are though...the middle and the youngest are unique by far in their own respects but i will save that for later!  I am grateful for the opportunities God has afforded me in this life....the lessons, sometimes painfully, He allowed me to learn on my own, and the hand He allowed me to rest in after pulling me up out of the chasms I created for myself!  I am also extremely blessed to have a wife, of 10 years soon,  who is my best friend, advisor, spectator, cheerleader, tear wiper, and confidant!  She allows me the flexibility to be who I am today, and compliments my efforts when needed!

This blog will most likely contain a lot of meandering thoughts about my photography and what went into making the images, but at times it will contain a glimpse into the life of a man who lives life with a heart worn on his sleeve.  You see I feel that is what God calls all of us to!  To put our hearts on the line in every aspect of our lives!  What else is there to live for afterall than the One who created us!

That is why I named this blog "The Lens Wide Open".  It is sort of a play on words in that I hope to be "Wide Open" with my writing style and what I say in here.  But also, if you know anything about photography and aperture, "Wide Open" also renders shallow "depth of field" and "depth of focus".....so at times I might get pretty shallow and ramble about one topic that interests me...hopefully not too boring!  BUT....wait for it......."Wide Open" also refers to the light gathering capability of the lens!  I hope that my "light" writing style might bring some "light" into your day, or cause a "light" bulb go off in your own head......or maybe sway you to "Come into the "light" Carol Ann"....lame reference!

Anyway, enjoy!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment