DragonFly

DragonFly
Spring is Here!!!

MOO

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Dragonfly

At one point in my life, through the years as I search to find my place in this huge rotating orb, I was determined to jettison my career as a truck driver.  I drove a car hauler, AKA parking lot (in trucker lingo)......also one of the better paying jobs in that industry.  I use to get a kick out of the looks on some of the people's faces in the "4-wheelers" also trucker talk, as I drove up on them or beside them.....that look of fear.....thinking those cars might fall off....it was sort of empowering, if I may say so..

My truck had a speed limit governor on it that only allowed me a top speed of 68.5 MPH.  It was supposed to keep me from getting speeding tickets...and I must admit it was quite effective, never once did I get a speeding offense...that's not saying much though....I rarely speed anyway...just ask my wife.  So anyway to get to the point,  that speed governor also earned me the CB handle:  Dragonfly, or more appropriately Drag and Fly!  The truck would DRAGGGGG uphill(with me all the while rocking back and forth in my seat behind the steering wheel trying to make it go faster), and FLY downhill (with me praying along with all those 4-wheelers I could stop if needed)!

Do you ever wonder why life seems to drag out at such a snails pace when you are waiting on something to happen or that big break or blessing?
And yet when that time comes you spend most of the time afterward grasping and holding on to the seat of your pants as you fly by praying that nothing will happen to spoil the moment?
And then afterward we spend what seems to be an eternity in regret, hoping that the next moment won't pass us by.........

Each new day I strive to move toward and fulfill His will in my life, without regretting the mistakes I've made in the past (hopefully learning from them), and holding out hope that He is smiling down on me.

I guess that's why I like photography, because after all this time, I can predict what's going to happen when I trip the shutter; if I follow the rules I am guaranteed success when that image is processed.  But every once in awhile I am truly surprised and amazed at the results!

It kind of mirrors life ya know.......I guess it is progress and not perfection.....

1 comment:

  1. Dragonfly, keep the ugly side down and the shiney side up.

    ReplyDelete